About Us » History
Since 1946, Braun has revolutionized the laundry industry with innovative products designed to make laundry and textile facilities more productive and profitable.
Braun has a rich history of providing our customers with complete solutions to their laundry business issues. Partnering with our customers has and remains our number one priority.
Today Braun ranks as a premiere corporation with worldwide brand recognition.
In the early 1900's, Syracuse New York was a worldwide hub in the production of soda ash, a primary compound used in the manufacture of soaps. This was an ideal location for a team of laundry industry pioneers to begin what would evolve into a worldwide supplier of high quality laundry equipment. In 1946 G. A. Braun was formed.
- The first Braun washer/extractor, the Unit Wash, is introduced
- Responding to customer requests, Braun incorporates electro-mechanical controls.
- To solve the problems encountered in manual chemical dispensing, Braun introduces Automatic Supply Injection.
- Braun begins to manufacture suspension mounted machines
- Braun is the first manufacturer to design a Pass-Thru Medicare machine, which allows healthcare laundries to separate clean and dirty areas. This inhibits the spread of deadly staphylococci infections and acts as a barrier to other airborne pathogens.
- Braun introduces a top/side loading machine, with doors aligned to take advantage of gravity during load and unload.
- Through acquisition, Braun introduces a line of high speed textile finishing equipment.
- Braun is the first manufacturer to incorporate microprocessor controls into laundry machinery.
- Braun develops WASHNET NT the first computer controlled laundry program. Manipulation of data and programming of machines is done from one desktop computer
- Braun enters the textile dye market, quickly establishing a command of the industry.
- Braun installs "smart" laundry system, using WASHNET to integrate automatic loading, wash and dry cycle programming, automatic unloading and materials transport.
- Braun introduces a fully automated Batch Tunnel System
- Braun acquired Norman Dryer Company
- Braun is the first laundry equipment company to develop control software running on a Microsoft® Windows System
- Braun introduces the PT (pass-thru) Series Dryer line.
- Braun introduces the most narrow open pocket washer/extractors on the market with more washing capacity but requiring less floor space.
- Braun made renewed commitment to research and development, which lead to an expanded line up of products and services including:
- SmoothFlow® Series Batch Tunnel Washer Systems
- Single Motor Drive Open Pocket Washer/Extractors
- Single Motor Drive Top Side Loader Washer/Extractors
- Delta Self-Contained Thermal Ironers
- SafeLoad® Shuttle System - a ride on shuttle with a patent pending human interface safety device which protects the operator from potential wash aisle injuries.
- PT (pass-thru) Dryers - dual panel control box. An exceptional safety feature which separates the high voltage from low voltage components to meet the arc flash protection requirements.
- 22 New or Enhanced products released to the market resulting in 4 new patent pending market solutions.
- Braun demonstrates their commitment to the industry with investment in new 155,000 square feet manufacturing facility.
For current innovations and announcements, please see the News section of our web site.
Testimonials View all »
Our relationship with Braun is long standing and has resulted in over half of our wash alleys being fitted with Braun equipment.
Cintas Engineering Management,